Thursday, July 23, 2009

Fourth of July trip, Part 1 (two more to come I think)

Okay....so I know I said it would be the next day...but it's me we're talking about here! So here's the first batch of pictures from the fourth. We drove up on the 3rd and stayed through the 8th and we had a blast. Every year for quite sometime now, my parents have a big 4th of July party at their place. They have the space for lots of people and a great view to see fireworks that we purchase, as well as the people across the Canal. We spent the 4th hanging out with family..you know, weed-eating, mowing the lawn, decorating, playing games, and of course fireworks!!! We went up with our friend James (yes, three James's and one Rebecca) in his truck and it only took us 12 1/2 hours to drive there. We must have been in some sort of weird time flux because that's the fastest we've ever made it up there-and we stopped for breakfast & dinner! Now the exciting part for the boys was the fireworks and for our friend James, the burning of the garbage:) I think we went down to the Indian reservation (or The Res as we call it) at least five or six times between the lot of us. We got so many fireworks....it was quite the show.

This picture is of Jamie & Gabe (his 3 yr. old cousin-Rachel's oldest boy)






Jamie decorated cupcakes for the party--with a lot of frosting & sprinkles! But of course, everyone ate their cupcake that he decorated special for them.






My dad looking cool in the 4th of July top hat.





My sister, Rachel & her husband, Mike.











James and a weird 4th of July headband--making a weird face. I think he kind of looks like a deranged character from Fraggle Rock.






Now, a weird photo of Jamie. And no, I have no clue what he's doing!
















James getting ready to BBQ with my dad's BBQ gloves---his welding gloves!







James & Brody (Rachel's youngest boy, just turned 2 but man is he huge! Almost as big as Gabe)


The view from my parents deck--this was the sunset on the 4th. It was so beautiful...I really miss the great views & the woods.



Well, that's it for today. I will try my best to post again tomorrow with some photos of fireworks and from the evening of the 4th.
Take care.
-Becca

1 comment:

RaD said...

Fraggle Rock! I haven't heard that one in years. It's amazing how many goofy pictures you get of Jamie. I get a LOT of Bethany like that too!