Tuesday, July 28, 2009

4th of July trip--third & final entry

So this is the third & final entry of our 4th of July trip. It's going to be a lot of pictures seeing as I don't have the patience or skill to make multiple clever entries:) On the fifth we headed up to Tacoma to visit James Aunt Jan & her family. You'll notice in the pictures how they're all giants...at least they seem that way to me! And in the picture of the cousins it seems to me that Jamie fits right in and doesn't look too short! Anyhow, we had a good visit--Jamie loved Johanna (James's cousin who's going to be a senior in HS next year) who played with him for a couple of hours. I can't believe she had that much energy...ah, youth! :) That night we went and had dinner at James's mom & stepdad's house. Unfortunately we had to leave early since Jamie had a wee melt down--and those of you who know him know how rare that is! I know he was tired from staying up late on the 4th and playing all morning with Johanna. And, as mentioned earlier, there is a photo of our friend James burning the garbage at my parents house. I think he rather enjoyed it--first the garbage, then an all day bonfire of brush and leaves. On the sixth we spent most of the day in Seattle. We explored and then we went to an M's game. They won and we had awesome seats! On the 7th we just hung out and relaxed before heading out the next day.






James (Ault) burning the trash





burning the bonfire now




The Wuco family (and James) aka The Tall Ones :)--L to R: Ray, Jan, James, Ken, Ryan, & Johanna















The cousins--Ken, Ryan, Johnna, James, & Jamie










Johanna & Jamie





The Seattle skyline from the ferry on the way over








James & James on the ferry







James and I on the ferry (looking at this photo I think I look like his child-bride!)













Qwest Stadium--where the Seahawks play--we're hoping to see a game in Dec. if we go up for Christmas


















view from our seats at Safeco











the three of us at the game



Not the best quality (it was dark)--but the three James's watching an M's game (Jamie was wearing his foam finger, M's shirt, M's hat, & M's lounging pants--and was very excited to do so!)


Jamie in his Ichiro hat & M's foam finger














Dad, mom, & Jamie








So there's the photos & the final vacation post. I'm sure I'll remember more tidbits later & will include them in later posts-but for now, I'm excited to go & pick up Jamie tomorrow. So hope everyone has a good week and I shall post in a bit.
Take care-Becca

2 comments:

Bekah said...

love all the 4th of July photos! Wish we could have been there! That would have been awesome! I can't believe what toeheads Rachel's kids are! I guess that since Jamie's hair has been short as long as I've known him I just don't think of him as super blond! I was laughing so hard at the Fraggle Rock photo and Jamie's weird pose (was he dancing?) So cute!

Too bad you couldn't be in the photo with the Wuco's to show scale.

RaD said...

I showed the kids the pictures of Jamie's cousins and James' family and Bethany goes "Whoa they're very tall!" No kiddin'. Enjoy your time with your boy. I bet he has a lot of stories to tell you.