Monday, February 9, 2009

Hello again. Time for my update.
Here are photos from Jamie's Pee Wee baseball tryouts.




























He is on the Red Sox for the spring season. He had his first practice last Saturday and had a blast. It was nice to get back into the swing of things (no pun intended). It's amazing how much he has improved since last spring. He has quite the arm (in football as well) and was batting much better. He even hit a pop fly over the coach's head in practice-he was very excited about it. He's also getting better at catching-although that has never been his forte (as anyone who's played catch with him can attest).

Cool news-Grandpa Jim (James's dad) is coming out in a few days to visit. Turns out he'll be in Modesto for work so he's going to swing by and visit. Jamie's happy-he told me today that he'll be spending a lot of time with Grandpa Jim so James & I won't get to visit a lot. He definitely plans on monopolizing his time! :)

On another note, Jamie wants to get me a grenade launcher for Valentine's Day. I told him to just draw me one on a card--the things little boys come up with!

I'm going to try and get some video of Jamie reading to post on here. I tried earlier, but the video I have is too large. So my promise to all-I shall try! He's currently reading Level 2 & some Level 3 reading books (the kind you get at Borders, etc.). In math we're doing subtraction with numbers 1-10 and some teens. We're also working on telling time. He now knows that each number represents five minutes on the clock (and knows how many minutes in an hour) so we're starting to tell time. Which is good because he really wants a watch and I won't let him get a digital one.

So I don't have much else to say that I can think of, so I shall go for tonight. I hope everyone is doing well.

Take care.
Bec

1 comment:

bosniaherzegovina said...

A grenade launcher? Sweet! What an awesome Valentine's Day gift!

That's so great that he's doing so well with the reading and arithmetic. Go Jamie!