Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Baseball...and other bits of life:)

So I know it's been more than two weeks, but baseball season has officially started...which means we live at the ball fields until June! Jamie's loving baseball and is doing well. I compare him to Ichiro (as far as batting is concerned)-not a real power hitter, but always gets on base with a single or double, and the occasional triple. He's also doing better at fielding and really paying attention to the ball and where it's going.















In the photo batting, I swear Jamie looks just like Jay Buhner















The dugout--Jamie is in the front right corner




















Practicing base running
















Jamie--at second base & baseball ready



















On April 1st, Jamie & his class went to the Build-A-Bear workshop for a field trip. He got to make a bear, and he named him Tom. Here are some photos from the field trip and then two of Jamie & Tom (Jamie is such a ham!)





















































































School has been going well. I can't believe it's almost June! Jamie will be in first grade soon-yowza! He's still into Star Wars, Spongebob, and Marvel Heroes. He likes reading and math and I swear he's growing again. The exciting thing is summer is on it's way and Jamie gets to wear his favorite shorts--they're black plaid and he loves them.

James is doing fine. Just busy at work and getting ready for the big 3-0. Of course we're not having a party, but I will bake a cake and sing to him!

I'm doing wonderfully. Busy with work and baseball. I'll be up in Washington for a couple of days at the end of April to schedule some wedding stuff with Sarah. I can't believe it's getting so close. I'm sure the time will fly by once summer hits, so it will be nice to get the big things out of the way. I'm also posting a couple of good hair day pictures as well. I just recently found out how to "tame" my hair, so to speak. If I use a large barrel curling iron on dried, semi-curly hair--it turns out looking pretty cool. I finally figured it out, after 27 years....amazing. It only took me about 20 years to figure out make-up:) Thank goodness there's nothing else to figure out in that arena!





























And now...I saved the *best* for last. Today, we got a phone call from Jamie's school--he was playing soccer in the gym (it was raining) and a girl from his class ran into a boy from his class who ran into Jamie and he in turn slammed his face into the gym floor. School called, said it was a little swollen, but he was okay. I asked them to give him Tylenol, then I got a phone call about three minutes later saying Jamie was in hysterics and the eye was even more swollen. So James & I headed up to the school and took a look. Boy, did he have a huge bump by his eye! Anyhow, we took him home, he took a nap, and a couple of hours after his fall, this is what his eye looked like. I'll definitely be taking more photos as this progresses, especially since it's been about an hour since I took these photos and it's already darker and rougher looking. As the principal said "Only Jamie." Yowie!




































Until next time--take care everyone!

Becca

2 comments:

RaD said...

Wow! That eye does look worse than earlier! Poor Boy!

It's about time you updated. I added you to my blog list and then... nothing!

Bekah said...

So cute! Evan was really excited to see that Jamie picked the same outfit for his bear that Evan picked for his! Your hair looks pretty too! I have figured out hair and make-up recently too. That's what happens when you are the oldest girl, you don't have anyone to teach you!