Friday, June 19, 2009

swimming lessons...and a couple of photos

So, Jamie started swimming lessons this week (for two weeks) and I was afraid it was going to be a catastrophe. Before lessons started, we took a dip in our pool and I swear he forgot every single thing he learned last year. He could hardly stay afloat...and as a result, he was convinced he was going to drown his first lesson. And then, miracle of all miracles, he didn't! In fact, he loved his first lesson and now he loves going to "swim school". Today they started learning the breast stroke & got to jump off the diving board for Fun Friday. He has four more lessons next week as well as Summer Bible Camp every day. It's going to be a busy one! So I'm posting a video of Jamie practicing his "pencil kick" as well as a couple of photos of him in our pool. Now I know the video is probably boring as all get out, but it was a significant improvement from just a couple of days ago so I had to post it. Plus, I haven't posted a video in forever. I will get one of him reading soon--promise:)













































This is of Holden, my friend Erin's little boy. He's adorable and has the best smile (which Jamie seemed able to coax right out of him!)











I couldn't resist taking this photo one night. It's Jamie & his Build-a-Bear Tom. He loves to cuddle with this bear. Although he still goes back to the old faves--Elmo & Cookie Monster (with their plastic eyes with teeth marks & holes). Today, Jamie had his quiet rest time in his room and I listened to him tell Tom the story of Goldilocks & the three bears. It was really cute. He was very animated, if you can imagine.



Jamie's All Star games are this weekend, so I'm sure I'll be posting with pictures and/or videos from that soon. As always, take care.
-Becca

1 comment:

RaD said...

You better post pictures of the All Star games, especially if I take pictures and send them to you. Love the side of the pool pictures, typical goof ball Jamie!

I see you decided to change your blog background. Are you copying me? :)