Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Hello Hello Hello!!!!!

Hey everyone. It's been a little over two weeks since my last update..I'm not quite as good at some (yes, I'm talking to you Ruth!), but I try. *Warning* It's a long post--so get comfy! Now.....the last post came with the exciting news that Jamie made the All Star team. Before practices could start, there were playoffs at the ball fields. Jamie's team didn't make it, but some friends of his did. So we spent a good portion of time down at the fields watching his friend Elisha on the Valley Dodgers, Bethany on the Deb Angels, and Kavika, Punkie, & Parker on the Valley Yankees. Jamie had a blast watching all the games and really got excited for when he'll be in Valley (2 years to go!). Elisha's team ended up in third place and the Yankees got second. I don't know the place Bethany's team got, but all the girls played hard and it was fun to watch. Bethany was especially cute as the catcher and when she got on base. After the championship game between the Yankees & the Braves, Jamie & I got to hang out with Elisha, Bethany, and Ruth (their mom). We ended up playing our own little "pick up" game and the kids and adults had a blast. This led to us scheduling our very own family baseball night--the Hesseltine family & the Feldermann family, tomorrow night--and a picnic to boot. We're playing kids vs. adults, but I think the kids get James...we'll see:) So, to break up this nonstop writing, here's a picture of Elisha, Bethany, and Jamie that Ruth got (always Ruth with the great pictures!)













Here is a picture of Jamie & I when we were playing with Ruth & the kids. Jamie is pitching, and so am I. Ruth said I threw like a girl...and now she has proof!



Now, onto more writing. Jamie's All Star team started practicing this week. We had practice Monday and today and have it Saturday morning at 9am. Jamie's having a great time and I think he's learning a bit. I think he's one of the smallest kids on the team, and not as experienced in the whole playing baseball thing--but he's on the team, so that's pretty darn cool. I just think it's good that he's able to play on a team that he can look at and realize that he can play good at his age. So, I'm assuming he'll have practice two or three times next week--and then the tournament is the next weekend--Father's Day weekend.
Also since the last post, Jamie & I went up to Lake Berryessa on Memorial Day to camp with some friends from baseball. James didn't get to come because he was still sick. He was sick for almost three weeks, and is just now getting over it. Jamie & I had a blast-some friends of ours had a boat (thanks Dave & Debbie) and Jamie is quite the little speed lover. He got to ride on a tube pulled behind the boat and was pulled at 18mph. Then he got to ride on a jet ski with Dave and was all about going fast. We also played poker and I beat all the guys--I gotta say, that was fun! Now to break up the writing some more, here's some great baseball photos of Jamie. Of course, they were taken by Ruth:) And also one of Jamie driving Dave's boat.




































Okay, time for more writing. Jamie had his end of year baseball party and got a trophy to put his game ball in. Here is a picture of him & his trophy. I was also surprised and quite touched that they team got me a "B" silver pendant for a necklace. B for Boston & Becca. It was really beautiful and I thought it was pretty neat that they got me a thank you gift for being team mom.














Lastly, Jamie's Kindergarten graduation was today. It was a nice ceremony--the kids were really cute and sang songs. Jamie looked like a little big man. I could definitely picture how he's going to look when he graduates from high school. It almost made me cry. After the ceremony, the principal gave out awards like best reader, best at math, most athletic, best penmanship, etc......and to my total surprise Jamie got a Principal's Award! It was a special recognition award and he got a plaque with his name engraved on it and everything! She said that he could have gotten every award. I know, I'm tooting Jamie's horn n'all, but I'm just really proud of him. It was really something. He also received a Sportsmanship medal, and some ribbons from his teacher, Ms. Brenda for being good at the following: kindness, respect, honesty, and perserverance. So, now that you've read way too much of me going on and on I have some photos of graduation--including one of Jamie & Bethany and Jamie with his plaque & medal.
Also two random ones from Aunt Sarah. I just really liked them. Sorry if the pictures are dark--the lighting was doing weird things with my camera.


































































































So long for now. Take care-Becca

1 comment:

RaD said...

Bethany's team took fourth place.

And I just wanted to say that Ha! Ha! I beat you! And that I got a better picture of Jamie and Bethany! And that it's about time you posted again! And that you'd better not throw like a girl tomorrow or we might lose. Wait I probably throw like a girl to so that might not matter.

All the pictures Yohn took of the actual performance were dark too so don't worry. The other ones I just got really close to and kept adjusting the camera, I'm still trying to figure it out.

Oh and one more thing...HA! HA! I beat you! And I'll have more to post tomorrow because I did not post the awards yet! HA!